Sep 13, 2009
Bartending for an establishment, bartender service, or event staffing company in the Dallas and Fort Worth areas can be very rewarding. Being an event bartender, private party bartender, or bar staff includes more than simply pouring drinks. There are many factors that make a temporary bartender or restaurant bartender great. To be a great event bartender or private party bartender in Dallas and Fort Worth, an aspiring mixologist has to make great drinks have great customer service skills. Charismatic private party bartenders or event bartenders can make a party that much better! Bartenders can set the mood for the entire evening, so be outgoing and fun. Showing guests that you enjoy bartending will put you on the path to obtaining great bartender jobs in Dallas and Fort Worth. Whether you work for a bartending service, temporary bar staffing company, or in a bar, below are some great bartending tips to improve your status behind the bar:
1) Be engaging: Your success as a bartender stems from quickly identifying personality types and how you can reach them. Use the “bartender’s wink” often, remember to SMILE and be entertaining to watch.
2) Know some great drinks: Everyone appreciates your secret recipe recommendations for something sweet and fun or sour and sassy, so have a few unique recipes up your sleeve.
3) Remember names and drinks choices: Be as personable, introducing yourself, asking your guests’ names and remembering what they ordered on the last round.
4) Use humor: Everyone likes humor and customers typically like to be entertained in a bar atmosphere. Have a couple of canned witty comments that you can use all of the time for regular questions, answers or situations that arise.
5) Stay up on sport and current events: A great bartender always knows what’s going on in sports, in the media spotlight and in the world. Be able to make smart comments on all of them to engage your guests on their topic of choice.